Friday, May 20, 2011

Tawnee's New Job


          Today, I officially started my new job at The Children's Home of Lubbock. I have the morning shift, which is from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. I love this shift because I'm finished for the day by 2 p.m. so there is still plenty of the day left ( after my nap, of course). I am considered a "Child Case Worker" so I will work with a team of other individuals who work directly with the children who have been legally taken from their parents or family by Child Protective Services. I will work with children between the ages of 0 - 18 years. Most of the children have already seen and experienced things that I will never witness in my lifetime. This has already been an eye opening experience and I will learn so much through out my time at Children's Home. I will keep you updated on my new job and hopefully after I graduate in August I can begin my career in this field. With my new job, I do ask of two things: Please pray for me that I can love these kids as much as I can (and that I don't get hurt) and please please please pray for all the children! I'll write back and let everyone know how its going.

No comments:

Post a Comment